304-736-6289 | Serving the Tri State Area
WHERE EXCITING & REWARDING CAREERS BEGIN
The Huntington School of Beauty Culture is a local beauty school in Huntington, West Virginia, and provides quality training in a variety of cosmetology careers. Before enrolling, you'll need to gather some documents.
All documentation is subject to verification. If your documents are written in a foreign language, you must submit the originals, along with an English translated version of the documents. Effective Nov, 2015, foreign students must have an English translated diploma through AEQUO International; 1-844-882-3786. Contact Admissions office for more information. Below is the list of items you must bring to register for school and the WV State Board Office prior to your start date:
• A completed Student Registration Form (available at wvbbc.com, or you may obtain a form at the school).
• Proof of a tuberculosis skin test. If you haven't had a TB test within the last 6 months, you may receive it at the Cabell Huntington Health Department, located at 703 7th Avenue in Huntington. These shots are given on Mondays and Fridays - 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM, and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM. You may contact them with any questions at 304-523-6483. Please get this shot ASAP. The clinic may not give shots on some holidays.
• A recent head and shoulders shot of you alone. This photo can be taken from a digital camera, printed on photo paper and cut to wallet size. No black and white photos will be accepted.
• $25 to register with the West Virginia State Board of Barbers and Cosmetologists. This fee is for your Student Registration Permit. Payable by cash/credit/debit card or money order.
• A copy of your original birth certificate. If you don't have one, please contact the county or state where you were born, as soon as possible, in order to obtain one.
• A copy of your original high school diploma or GED**. If you have neither, you may provide us with a certified copy of your high school transcripts or GED test scores.
** If your last name is different than your high school diploma, due to marriage, divorce or legal name change, you must also bring in a copy of your legal document (marriage certificate, divorce decree, legal name change).
• A copy of your driver's license or state-issued ID. An expired driver's license will not be accepted.
• A copy of your Social Security card. If you're married, please make sure that your name has been changed.
*An entrance exam is also required prior to your start date. This exam is free and will be given prior to admission.
**Effective December 18, 2013, The Huntington School of Beauty Culture doesn't participate in IV Funding through the Department of Education.
We're offering a 25% discount on
any service or retail product.
The Huntington School of Beauty Culture has been opened since 1964. Our current owner has over 25 years of experience.